SWIMMING POOL HEATING
Pool Heating For most people happiness is a pool temperature 26 degrees and above. In South Africa that equates to four summer months without heating. To extend your swimming season requires a pool heater and or a pool blanket.
There are 3 popular options.
Approximately 90% of heat loss is from the surface of the pool due to evaporation. By placing a pool blanket on the surface on the pool the season can be extended about two extra months.
- Solar heating can extend your swimming season to six months when used in conjunction with a pool blanket.
- Solar strips or panels, depending on the manufacturer, have small water pipes that are installed on the roof and connected to a separate pool pump at the filter location.
- The pump pushes the water up to the roof and through the pipes or panels.
- The water is heated by the sun and then returns to the pool via dedicated heater pipes.
- The running cost is mainly electricity to operate the circulation pump.
- A timer is recommended to operate the pump during sunny parts of the day.
- A pool can be cooled down by running a solar heater in the evening.
- As a rule the collector area on the roof is the same as the pool surface area.
Electric heating or Heat pumps
Heat pumps can also provide twelve months above 26 degrees.
- The most frequently requested heater for a home pool is a Heat pump.
- They are similar to an air conditioner in appearance and operation.
- The heater is located with the filtration equipment.
- The heat pump collects heat from the air, condenses it and places the heat into the pool via the pool plumbing.
- The heat pump can heat the pool all year even with very low air temperatures.
The main advantage of electric heaters are simple connection low running cost. Again a timer and a dedicated circulation pump to service the heater is the most efficient system.
A heat pump usually operates all year and only operates when the timer and thermostat start the pump. Electrical supply requirements depend on the heat pump size and may direct require hard wiring for the larger models.
A heat pump is the best selection for people who would like the pool warm all year. A pool blanket is required to prevent heat loss from the surface. Of course you can turn the heater off if you don’t need it.
Heater manufactures also have sizing service to select the correct heater for your pool size and location.
There are no panels on the roof
Contact us Today for quote for all your installations of heat pumps and Pool Heating Systems all over Pretoria and Gauteng at Large
If you would like more information on our services, please fill out the contact form below or contact us on